Please note, if you provide us with your email address or phone number, we or our representative may send you a follow-up email or phone call.
The effective date of this Policy is September 18, 2015.
If you have an unresolved privacy or data use concern that we have not addressed satisfactorily, please contact TRUSTe at https://feedback-form.truste.com/watchdog/request.
The TRUSTe program covers only information that is collected through this Website, and does not cover information that may be collected through software downloaded from the site or mobile devices.
JELD-WEN, Inc complies with the U.S. – E.U. Safe Harbor framework and the U.S. – Swiss Safe Harbor framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal data from European Union member countries and Switzerland. JELD-WEN, Inc. has certified that it adheres to the Safe Harbor Privacy Principles of notice, choice, onward transfer, security, data integrity, access, and enforcement. To learn more about the Safe Harbor program, and to view JELD-WEN, Inc’s certification, please visit http://www.export.gov/safeharbor/.
JELD-WEN privacy practices described in this Statement comply with the APEC Cross Border Privacy Rules System. The APEC CBPR system provides a framework for organizations to ensure protection of personal information transferred among participating APEC economies.
Information Collected and How it is Used
The information we gather from you enables us to provide you with services, maintain and improve the Website and to process your and others’ requests. Information gathered may include the following:
- Information You Provide to Us: The types of information we may collect on this Website may include your name, address, preferences, content, website usages and other demographic information. You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but then you may not be able to take advantage of certain services or features offered on the Website or off line. The Information you provide is used for responding to your requests for certain information, products and services, customizing the advertising and content you see, processing payments and communicating with you about payments, services and features.
- Information that You Disclose or Post, or Allow Others to Disclose or Post: Any Information, including photographs, videos or other content, that you voluntarily disclose on or through the Website is public information that will be collected and used by JELD-WEN, Inc. and may be collected and used by others. Please contact us at the e-mail address listed above to have this information removed from the Website.
- Information Collected Automatically: We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with the Website. We automatically receive and record information on our server logs from your browser including your IP address, cookie information, pages visited and your location on the Website. Generally, our service automatically collects usage information, such as the numbers and frequency of visitors to the Website and its components.
- We may provide Information to third parties about how our site is used. If you are logged in, then we may associate your information with your Website account. We may also place tags, or web beacons, in HTML-based emails or other communications with you to confirm delivery, to track communications or uses of the Website. Many companies offer programs that help you to visit websites anonymously. While you may not be able to use the Website, or to access all features of the Website if you use such programs, we want you to be aware that these programs are available.
- We partner with a third party to either display advertising on our Website or to manage our advertising on other sites. Our third party partner may use technologies such as cookies and scripts to gather information about your activities on this site and other sites in order to provide you advertising based upon your browsing activities and interests. If you wish to not have this information used for the purpose of serving you interest-based ads, you may opt-out of those cookies by clicking here (or if located in the European Union click here) Please note this does not opt you out of being served ads. You will continue to receive generic ads.
- Other Tracking Technologies. We use Local Storage Objects (LSOs) such as Flash and Local Storage, such as HTML 5, to store content information and preferences. Third parties with whom we partner to provide certain features on our Website or to display advertising based upon your web browsing activity use Flash or HTML5 to collect and store information. Various browsers may offer their own management tools for removing HTML5. To manage Flash LSOs please click here.
- Information From Other Sources: JELD-WEN, Inc. might receive and store information about you that is sent to us from other sources. This may include updated delivery and address information from vendors with regard to your email address.
- Email and Phone Communications: You may receive email or phone calls from JELD-WEN, Inc. from time to time, for instance to request information regarding your account or payment, to notify you of new features, changes to the Website, specials or promotions or to provide you with information that you request, and you hereby consent to receipt of any such email. If you no longer wish to receive promotional information or newsletters from us, please click the ‘unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of each communication.
- Surveys. We may provide you the opportunity to participate in contests or surveys on our site. If you participate, we will request certain personal information from you. Participation in these surveys or contests is completely voluntary and you therefore have a choice whether or not to disclose this information. The requested information typically includes contact information, such as email address. We use this information to contact you. We use a third party service provider to conduct these surveys; that company is prohibited from using our users’ personal information for any other purpose. We will not share the personal information you provide through a contest or survey with other third parties unless we give you prior notice and choice.
We share information only as described below. You hereby consent to our sharing of information for the purposes listed below.
- Other Users: Note that any information that you make public on or through the Website will be accessible by other users and may be used by them.
- Business Transfers: In some cases, we may choose to buy or sell assets or to pledge assets as collateral. In these types of transactions, user information, including your Information, is typically one of the business assets that is involved and may be transferred. Moreover, if JELD-WEN, Inc., or substantially all of its assets were acquired, or in the unlikely event that JELD-WEN, Inc. goes out of business or enters bankruptcy, user information, including your Information, would be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any acquirer of JELD-WEN, Inc. may continue to use your Information as set forth in this Policy. You will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our Website of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information.
- Protection of JELD-WEN, Inc. and Others: We may disclose Information when we believe that disclosure is necessary to comply with the law, to enforce or apply our conditions of use and other agreements, or to protect the rights, property or safety of JELD-WEN, Inc. our employees, affiliates, users or others. This may include exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- With Your Consent: We may share Information when you provide us with your consent to do so. For instance, when you request goods, information or services from our affiliates or a third party through us, or when you post information to the Website, you provide your consent for us to share that information with others. Please note that whenever you post public information on or through the Website you are giving us your consent to share that information with third parties.
Some of our sites and services may require a completed form in order to access secured information, use special site functions, or complete a transaction. Product literature requests may require your contact information, demographics, unique identifiers, shipping, and other personal information. We may also use some of this information to contact you about the services for which you have expressed interest and/or important support information.
Access to Information
If your personal information changes, or if you no longer desire our service, you may correct, update, amend, delete inaccuracies or unsubscribe by contacting customer service. We will respond to your request to access within 30 days. If we cannot accommodate your request, we will let you know why.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Child Use of Sites
The Website is not intended for use by children under 18 years of age. Furthermore, it is not our intention to extend promotional offers to children. Consistent with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998, we will never knowingly request Information from anyone less than 13 years of age. If we become aware that a child under the age of 13 has provided us with information, we will remove that information from our files.
Notifications and Verifications
We may use email or other contact methods to notify site users and promotional participants of JELD-WEN, Inc. special offers, newsletters, and site alerts or features. We may also use e-mail or other contact methods to disseminate PINs and passwords, validate requests and provide customer support.
The security of your personal information is important to us. We follow generally accepted standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If you have any questions about security on our Website, you can contact us at PrivacyOfficer@jeld-wen.com.
Changes to this Policy
Third Party Sites
JELD-WEN, Inc. is not responsible for the content of any off-site pages or any other websites linked to or from the sites. Links appearing on the sites are for convenience only and are not an endorsement by JELD-WEN, Inc. or our affiliates or their partners of the referenced content, product, service or supplier. Your linking to or from any off-site pages or other websites is at your own risk. JELD-WEN, Inc. are in no way responsible for examining or evaluating, and they do not warrant the offerings of, off-site pages or any other websites linked to or from the sites, nor do we assume any responsibility or liability for the actions, content, products, or services of such pages and websites, including, without limitation, terms and conditions. You should carefully review the terms and conditions of all off-site pages and other websites that you visit.
By using this Website, you signify your agreement to this Policy.
Your Responsibility and Acceptance of These Terms
You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account and password, restricting access to your computer, and you agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account or password.
Third-party websites may refer to our sites and even provide hyperlinks to specific pages or functions. We are not responsible for the context in which those referring links are made nor are we responsible for ensuring those links work properly.
440 S. Church Street, Suite 400
Charlotte NC 28202